BallotBin appears to be completely broken, which means we will not be able to open the vote today as planned.
The steering committee is investigating other voting platforms, and we have a few promising leads. We expect to launch the vote on a different site in the next day or two. (No, we will not fall back to “send email to X”.)
Even before these difficulties arose, the steering committee had already decided to keep voting open for three weeks, so that everyone has adequate time to vote, even if they may be traveling over the summer.